5. Use the residual heat of your appliancesDo not turn on your electric stove in advance, and turn it off a little bit early, than necessaryto complete your cooking- use the residual heat of the burners. For most of cooking operations, there is no need for highest heat temperature. Most of the time, you just need to boil the water, and then cook in low-heat mode. After using the iron, it still keeps the residual heat, with will last for several minutes. Ironing board with thermo reflective technology is also an exellent way of saving energy. Did you know that too dry or wet linen have to be ironed longer than slightly wet linen? In other words, higher energy consumption occurs.
6. Remove the limy raid in the kettle and boil as much water as you need to use after boiling.The limy raid in the kettle conducts heat almost in thirty times worse than metal, thus it significantly increases the amount of energy to be used for boiling the water.
7. Do not block the rediators with your furniture.Barriers prevent the warm air from evenly spreading throughout the room and reduce the radiator's effectiveness by 20%. .
8. Close the curtains at night.Put the thick curtains on your windows up and close them only at night. This will help to keep the heat in your house. Install the radiator reflector. The wall behind the radiator can be heated to 50°С. It is not smart to spend so much warmth to warm up the bricks or concrete plates, especially if the apartment is cold. Install the radiator reflectors, which are made of isolon or aluminum foil, behind the radiators. This will increase the room temperature by approximately 2 degrees.
9. Replace the cast iron radiators for aluminum or bimetal radiators.Heat emission of these radiators is 40-50% higher. If the radiators are easy removable, they can be washed regularly, which is also increases heat emission.