10. Insulate your windows!In most of our houses energy and heat costs are in 3-5 times higher, than the same costs in European countries with a similar climate conditions.According to experts, up to 50% of heat losses occur throughout windows. Insulation of windows can increase the room temperature by 4-5°С. It will also abandon you from heater usage, which consumes up to 4000kVh for one apartment. It would be much better if your windows will be with heat reflective window film. Heat reflective film - is a trasparent material with a special multilayer coat, which is mounted on the inner surface of the outer window frame. It transmits 80% of visible light, and reflects about 90% of heat inside the house; therefore, it allows you to keep a room warm in winter and cool in summer. Seal all the cracks and holes in window frames and doorways. In order to do so, use mounting foam, sealing tapes, silicone and acrylic sealants. Temperature increase by 1-2 degrees is guaranteed.
11. Ventilate effectively.Constantly open window does not ventilate the room, it just cools it; however, if you ventilate the room with wide open windows, then air has time to change; besides that, room surface in your house will remain warm. If you decide to change the windows, do not forget to order ventilators in their design. Then the room temperature will be stable in both, winter and summer seasons, and the air will be fresher. In addition, there will be no need to open the windows periodically and loose large amount of hot air. As a result- increasing the room temperature by 2-5 degrees, as well as reduction of street noises.
12. Insulate the balcony.A close attention should be paid to balcony doors, they should be insulated. At the bottom of the doors you can put a decorative rug, and mount it with a buttons. On the other side, you can place a tightly clutching the door cushion which is made out of thick fabric. It can be filled with foam rubber or fabric scraps. Glazing of balcony is equivalent to installing and additional window. It creates a heat buffer with a 10 degrees higher temperature than outside, especially during extreme low temperatures.
13. Insulate the walls. Don't let the heat escape through the floor.10% of heat losses in houses - is the heat coming through the basement. That is why, there is no need to insulate the floor, if you live on the first floor, or in the countryside house. When renovating the house, put a thin layer of polystyrene or foil coated polyurethane under the floor. They are hygienic, ecological and safe to fire materials.
14. Ensure that doors to staircase close tightly.If the entrance doors close badly, insulation of your own front door may be ineffective. This problem can be solved with a help of inertial device (so called "door closer") or combination lock.
15. Save the gasIt is also possible to save gas while cooking. The flame from the burner should not go beyond the bottom of the pots, pans, and kettles because you will then warm up the air in the apartment. You may save around 50% of the gas or even more. The cookware must be cleen and free of soot. Dirty cookware requires 4-6 times more gas for cooking. Use an economic cookware, these qualities are usually advertised by the manufacturer. Energy efficient products have stainless steel polished bottom, especially with a layer of copper or aluminum. Cookware which is made out of aluminum, enamel and teflon is not very economical. Oven doors should fit snugly to the body of the oven in order to prevent hot air from releasing. In general, the proposed methods of an economical use of gas help to reduce gas consumption in 3 times.